Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Kate Gosselin shares her Christmas Secrets and budgeting tips

Kate Gosselin is the mother in the house, she also lives with her husband, Jon, and 8-year-old Cara and Mady and 4-year-old sextuplets Aaden, Joel, Alexis, Hannah, Leah and Collin. Kate shared her Christmas plans and tips for saving money.

Q. What are your plans for Christmas?

A. “We’re just going to continue our Christmas tradition of caroling. And we’ll bake.”

Q. Are you working on songs for this year? “

A. I haven’t started yet. But the kids are older now so they’ll learn faster. Or we’ll do the ones from last year!”

Q. What gifts are the kids asking for? “

A. Well, we have 4-year-olds and I remember this from when Cara and Maddy were 4. They come running and say, ‘Mommy, Mommy, I want this’… and I’ll say, ‘What is it? Where did you hear of that?’ And they’ll say, ‘On TV!’”

Q.What kind of TV do they watch?

A.“They’re Disney kids. And to be honest, our show is their favorite thing. They ask to watch it all the time. It’s interesting. It’s like them watching their memories.”

Q. Would you have ever thought 10 years ago you would be a TV star?

A. “No, it’s ridiculously funny. I just think of myself as a mom so it’s funny when people get all worked up about seeing us. It’s not what I thought I’d ever be doing.”


Q. Rumor has it you are looking to move. Has that happened yet?

A. “We don’t say, but we are planning to move at some point and it will be covered on the show. We’ve outgrown our house. But the show will go on.”

Q. Have you felt the economic crunch?

A. “We all have, but I have always cut coupons. I’ve always looked at the sale fliers and I’ve always planned my meals ahead of time. You know, long before gas prices went up and they were saying ‘group your errands,’ we were already doing that out of necessity.”


Q. The kids are usually dressed alike. Do any of them prefer to dress differently?

A. “They don’t mind either way. At home they open the drawers and dress themselves and you can imagine some of the outfits they come up with. And I don’t fight them any more. I would have fought Maddy and Cara at that age. I did. I’d say, ‘Go back upstairs and change, you’re hurting my eyes.’ But I don’t fight them anymore.


Q.Do the kids know that they’re celebrities?

A.“They don’t understand it. To them, it’s their normal. They’ve been filming since they were 15-months-old and they don’t know any different. And I’ve taught them — and at 4 they understand — that if people are taking pictures, and it bothers you, just say, ‘No, thank you’ and turn your back.”


Q. Do you enjoy doing the show?

A.“The blessings are we get to work from home, we’re there with them. We get to travel. There’s so many experiences that we wouldn’t otherwise have. I feel like it’s making them so well-rounded.”

No comments:

Post a Comment