Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Grandma Soup

1 Soup bone w/meat and reserved frozen drippings from roasts
1 Onion chopped
3 Carrots sliced
3 Potatoes
5 Stalks of celery
Fresh Green beans
Frozen Corn
1 can (large) Tomatoes (Diced)
3 Bay leaves
Salt and Pepper

Boil soup bone in water enough to cover for 1 1/2 to 2 hours - until meat comes off bone easily.
Remove bone - when cool enough - remove meat and cut into fine pieces. Return meat to stock add beef drippings - add onion, carrots potatoes celery, greenbeans, corn tomatoes and bayleaves - add more water if needed - cook on a low, after first coming to a boil. 1 hour cook another 1/2 to 1 hour - stir often add beef boulion if needed. Cook macaroni separate or it will sop up all the juice

1 comment:

  1. dear kate,
    I made this soup and it was delious. I'm going to make this my my daughter when I have one. hahaha. I'm 13 by the way and I really want children, but I'm going to wait.

    ReplyDelete